Colon or large intestine is the part of digestive system responsible for the re-absorption of water and salts from solid waste formed after digestion before it gets eliminated from the body.
Usually the peristaltic movement of the large intestine ensures the elimination of waste from the body 16-24 hours of eating. In some people the build up of harmful waste in the colon occurs due to malfunctioning of the colon.This build up of waste causes the toxins in the waste to enter into the walls of the colon.
– Poor diet
– Lack of excercise
– Reduced water intake
1. Lemon juice- Add 2 tsp if fresh lemon juice to a glass of apple juice and drink it 3-4 times a day.This will help in thinning out the mucous in the bowel.
2. Yogurt- Eat yogurt with fresh fruits like lime, banana, Apple abd so on to improve cilon health.
3. Sea salt- Add a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of drinking water and boil it.Drink this solution either in warm or cold state first thing in the morning.
Note: Not advisable for high blood pressure patients.
4. Ginger- Add a tea spoon of ginger juice with one teaspoon of honey and mix this in a glass of drinking water .Consume this mixture 2-3 times a day to flush out toxins and waste from your colon.
5. Vegetable juice-Drink fresh vegetable juice several times aday, as it contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids that help in improving bowel movement.
6.Flax seeds-Add 1 tablespoon of finely ground flaxseeds to a glass of drinking water and mix it well.And drink this water half an hour before eating your breakfast and before going to bed everyday to cleanse the colon.